Wiring Myson Relay Box to Drayton Wiser Backplate - Help Plse!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wonder if I could ask for some help on the wiring of my existing Myson Relay to a Drayton Wiser Backplate.

The boiler is a Greenstar 30CDi Combi and already wired to the Myson, I just want to change the Myson to the Drayton Wiser One Channel, but am not sure about the wiring, any help telling me what wires go from where to where would be appreciated.

Thanks.

20240125_195430.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 07.00.22.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 07.03.13.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 07.03.13.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 20
Sponsored Links
You don't say what version of Wiser you have. I assume it's the one channel version. If you have a different version don't follow the instructions below and post back details of it

Screenshot 2024-01-30 073121.jpg

If yours is the one channel version as above the N and L are straight forward. Move them over to Wiser N and L as they are now

Link between Wiser L and 1 (COM)

Green/yellow wire in 1 goes to wiser 3 (ON)

A couple of notes for you

1. The green/yellow wire which is normally used for earth is being used as a live wire. This is bad practice and as a minimum should have a brown sleeve on to show that it is being used as a live.

2. The existing connections are terrible and all of the exposed copper poking out of the terminals poses a risk of a short circuit. Tidy the connections when you remake them.

This is the quality of installation you should be aiming for. The wiring connections are different from the one channel wiser so ignore that. I've only given it as an example of wire termination without the copper whiskers.

aaa.jpg

Last edited:
That's great thank you, yes it is the One channel.

Much appreciated, and the direction on the quality of connection.

Thanks
A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back