Wiring new stat into boiler without existing controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been trying to add a new thermostat to my Saunier duval Therma Condense F 30 E.

The wiring instructions with the boiler are poor to say the least. The below is all its says.
Additionally I know its a zero volt switch on the terminals with the link wire shown below.

upload_2016-10-15_13-50-27.png

This is a pic I took of the diag on the wiring block (NOTE Im in combi mode):
QtNuNlafnatNLRo4PKzh8RkXuoRHfK3FCWDHIus6pclCN7C9GkQvCMkFhhug7QJm2kyraFRUWQ=w1494-h890-no

I'm adding a Hive and here is the wiring diag for that:
upload_2016-10-15_13-56-9.png

So I wired:
Live - Live
Neutral - Neutral
Earth - Earh

Then
The L on the 240v side to the Common
And the 24v terminals to 3 and 4 (Ive tried swapping them)

Relay comes online, and can switch on/off but the boiler never fires (link wire removed and in perm ON/Fire mode)

I must have something wrong! Any help please :)

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-15_13-50-22.png
    upload_2016-10-15_13-50-22.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 175
Sponsored Links
I think you have been extremely lucky if you haven't fried your pcb, why are you trying to mix 24v with 240v ?

LNE to the Hive backplate.

Then either connect the 24V terminals in the boiler to terminals 1 and 3 on the Hive backplate
OR
connect the 230V boiler terminals to 1 and 3
Not both, and not any combination of the two.

Sponsored Links
The 24v needs to go to 1 and 3, leave 2 and 4 unused.

PCB probably fried now.

As mentioned you needed to switch across 1 and 3 with EITHER 240v OR 24v, you've sent 240v up the 24v side with what you've done.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! No fried board as I always checked the voltage on the switch wires before I wired anything in. I didnt like the sound of 240v on 24v terminals either.

Connected 1 and 3 to the 24v side as suggested, all working perfectly now.
Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back