wiring on my st-699 honeywell programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all - I am trying to replace my st699 with a tado smart thermostat - my question relates to the wiring on the old st-699: I have bridge links between L-5-8, but I have another wire attached into terminal 8 which looking at all the sundial wiring diagrams on st-699, it is not shown.
IMG_20140907_105632.jpg

Can someone explain the hot water wiring to me? My tado instructions thinks the hot water should be wired in on terminals 6 and 7 - but it looks like mine is on terminals 6 and 8? I am concerned that pretending this non-bringing wire on terminal 8 (which is connected to live) is the equivalent of wire 7 on the tado may either damage the tado or result in incorrect operation.

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

Sponsored Links
I will try, but this might be quite difficult as it disappears into a wall! What ever it is, maybe it needs to be tied into live terminal in the tado (along with the live in), as with bridging links between L-5-8, it is connected to live at the moment?

Sponsored Links
Whatever it is, maybe it needs to be tied into live terminal in the tado (along with the live in), as with bridging links between L-5-8, it is connected to live at the moment?
I thought that. It's obvously supplying power to something; the question is: what?

Do you have a large junction box (probably near the HW cylinder), to which all the cables are connected? If so, remove the lid, take a pic of the wiring and post it. We should be able to identify the mystery wire and what it does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back