wiring problem glow-worm 18 sxi help!!!!!!! help again!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well it worked for a few days now i'am getting a f1 code.reset and boiler fires for about 5 seconds then go's out,i can see the flame in the sight glass it fires again same thing,it tries to fire again and locks out and i get the f1 code? it has been working great? fan is working,boiler is lighting(for 5 seconds) don't know about the pump.thanks again guys.shane.

Sponsored Links
Whilst you know the history, I do not!

That seems to be a lack of flame detection and that needs a registered gas engineer.

All you could do is check that no wires have been disturbed from the combustion chamber ( do not open ) to the PCB.

On condensing boilers a blocked and so full condensate trap can cause this problem.

Tony

cheers tony,the condensate trap was full of crap so i cleaned it all out and the boiler stayed lit on the 2nd try fingers crossed i know the glow-worm boilers are not the best.whats the float for? i had a look at it and could't work out what it does.no micro switchs or wiring on the trap but it was overflowing.thanks again shane.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back