Wiring siemens RCR10 receiver to GloWorm 30ci Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

I've just bought the Rev24 RF kit that comes with an RCR10/868 receiver unit. I'm trying to wire it up to my 30ci plus boiler.

the RCR10 has a L & N for power then Lx, L1 & L2. The boiler has a wire link that needs removing when external controls are to be used. Am I right in thinking that I need to wire:

Lx - pin 1 of wire link connection
L1 - pin 2 of wire link connection
L2 is not used.

That correct? Also, in terms of powering the unit, can I actually power that from the boiler somehow or do I have to tap mains from the fused boiler power input? I've attached some pics of the manual, it sort of looks like I might be able to but it's not clear to me.

cheers for any help you can offer,
Matt

Sponsored Links
You can take the L and N from the boiler to the receiver unit, and yes remove the volts free link and connect to Lx and L1.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Mick.

When you say take the L and the N from the boiler, do you mean from the power coming in? ie. tap it off before it goes into the boiler? Or could you see something on the diagrams where I could take it from a point inside the boiler?

cheers
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back