Hi all, ive recently had a new boiler and timer and controls installed by NEST. all they had to fit is danfoss(FP720) with siemens(REV24RF-RCR10/868)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Ive recently had a new boiler and timer and controls installed by NEST. All they had to fit is danfoss (FP720) with siemens (REV24RF-RCR10/868) which replaced my 2 channel wiser wireless with an app. I get the wiring to swap my wiser, fine. My question is about the siemans RCR10/868 wiring.
N to N on wiser - L to L on wiser fine
L1 to Heating ON on wiser, fine. LX to ?, theres no common on my wiser
So would it go to HW ON?

Sponsored Links
This post makes no sense. Is NEST the same as Google Nest or different? So you’re changing from the Wiser to Siemens? Sounds like you need a link, but need to know what voltage is being supplied from your boiler. Also what have you not asked the engineers to sort this out?

Hi sorry my mistake. NEST is a welsh GOV scheme to replace old boilers and HW tanks. they have installed danfoss (FP720) with siemens (REV24RF-RCR10/868) which is not wireless and no app. I want to put back my old wiser (2years old) so we can boost whilst out before we get home.
Its sub-ed out via B gas to local company, B gas came back to inspect and said they would swap....3 months later I got bored of waiting.
I have exchange back to wiser and works fine, just turn up the thermostat on the danfoss (FP720) fine. Just would like to remove the whole siemans side of it all.
thanks

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
1666041425773.png
1666041578667.png

Hi, so on my wiser 3 is CH 4 is HW
N to N on wiser - L to L on wiser fine
L1 to Heating ON, on wiser, fine. LX to ?, theres no common on my wiser

Sponsored Links
Yep as per @jeff the gasman the common is built into the Wiser. I would swap the wires though as they’ve used the green and yellow as a live which is bad practice.

Hi thanks for your help. Just so i get this correct. I need to replace the 4 core wire to 3 core without green/yellow. L to L and N to N and
L1 to C Heating on. nothing to HW (cylinder) as its not a combi?
sorry again for my first post. thanks

Hi thanks for your help. Just so i get this correct. I need to replace the 4 core wire to 3 core without green/yellow. L to L and N to N and
L1 to C Heating on. nothing to HW (cylinder) as its not a combi?
sorry again for my first post. thanks
No need to replace 4 core cable, just terminate the green/yellow in a connector block, and use the other for heating on. Everything else is correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back