Replacing Siemens RCR10 for a Drayton Wiser Hub single channel set-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm replacing my Siemens for a Smart Drayton Wiser hub and need some assurance that I have wiring correct, The Siemens is currently connected with 4 wires Blue to Neutral, Brown to Live, Black to L1 and Grey to LX, see attached pics.

The Drayton Wiser hub back plate will have Blue at N, Brown at L (obviously) then I'm assuming Grey goes to 1 and Black goes to 3 is this correct. It seems right to me but I still have a nagging doubt that makes me seek reassurance

many thanks in advance

Regards
Tony

Attachments

• RCR10.jpg
    RCR10.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 299
  • RCR10 diag.jpg
    RCR10 diag.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Wiser backplate diag.jpg
    Wiser backplate diag.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 307
Sponsored Links
Thanks but are you sure about the link? I have no link on Siemens and while I was investigating this I read about a few people who have blown their boilers with incorrect links.
Boiler is a Combi Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i

Last edited:
Thanks but are you sure about the link?

The terminals are volt free and you need to fit a link if you need them to be 230v. It says so on the picture you posted.

If you are unsure try it without the link first and see if it works.

Sponsored Links
From the instructions,

"One channel only: Note that the output contacts are voltage-free, so power needs to be put on to Terminal 1 either by linking from Terminal L or from a separate supply with a 3A fuse."

From the instructions,

"One channel only: Note that the output contacts are voltage-free, so power needs to be put on to Terminal 1 either by linking from Terminal L or from a separate supply with a 3A fuse."
But the current set up has no link.
The RCR10 is a volt free relay. I know I have one (which needs a L link in my application).

So the new device won't need a link either.

Connecting Live to Common could cause major damage when powered up!

The boiler will 'see' Common 1 is connected to demand (n/o) 3 when the relay closes via it's own supply on the existing wiring.

From the instructions,

No mate , you only make a link if 230V switching, the OP has two wires from the boiler PCB so could be 24V, even if it is 230V the 2 wires will supply 230V no need for a link , and could damage the boiler PCB if wrong

It states in boiler manual "any additional equipment connected to the boiler must not have a separate electrical supply"

Thanks all for your comments, very informative.

It states in boiler manual "any additional equipment connected to the boiler must not have a separate electrical supply"

Thanks all for your comments, very informative.
That is the same for all boilers and external controls, it is so that anyone working on the boiler and isolates the electrical supply doesnt get a nasty surprise when they find out someone has wired in another supply somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back