Wirquin Dual Flush Button - back nut question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a Wirquin dual flush chrome finish toilet button. Looking on ebay there are several versions. Mine dates from around 2003 and has a white plastic back nut in a squared shape. The ones I am seeing online have a round back nut. Has anyone else come across this? Will the one with the round nut fit as I dont want to order he wrong one. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You are talking about the whole button assembly not just the nut? If so yes that will fit the cistern lid.

The next thing is how the button operates the flush. Is it by cable or directly by rods?

You are talking about the whole button assembly not just the nut? If so yes that will fit the cistern lid.

The next thing is how the button operates the flush. Is it by cable or directly by rods?

I need to replace the whole button assembly. It works via two rods. Just been doing some more research on ebay. Seems that there are versions with white or grey back nuts. The grey ones are post 2007 and they are not interchangeable.

Sponsored Links
When you get a replacement you will have to cut the rods to suit the cistern. The normal process is you push the rods into the assembly until they are the right length to fit the flush valve. Note the excess length and then continue to push the rods all the way through and out again so you can trim the tops to length and before re-inserting with the top of the rods now flush with the top of the assembly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back