WM Pump impeller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cleaned the filter on our (integrated) Beko washing machine. Some long lint/strings/gunk was on the impeller and I pulled it out with long nose pliers.
When I turn the impeller it doesn't turn smoothly but it's a bit "jumpy". Is that normal? (I guess there might still be some long stuff dangled up that I can't see from the front but if it's nothing to worry about I'd rather not take everything apart)
And: can a clogged up impeller cause water to remain in the softener compartment of the drawer, and for the drawer to overflow occasionally (I clean the drawer often)?
Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Drawer overflowing means the tube at the back is not clear, remove drawer and clear the tube. From what you say I would agree that either there is rubbish behind the impeller or the drive of the impeller is worn.

Is it not the magnetic sectors in the pump motor just meeting and feeling like there’s something in there?

Drawer overflowing means the tube at the back is not clear, remove drawer and clear the tube. From what you say I would agree that either there is rubbish behind the impeller or the drive of the impeller is worn.
Thanks. I clean the drawer and the tube when it overflows, every other month or so. I was just wondering if there was a connection to the pumps as it happens so often.
The machine seems to be draining well though. I think I will monitor another few days before looking at the impeller again.

Sponsored Links
Is it not the magnetic sectors in the pump motor just meeting and feeling like there’s something in there?
That's an interesting point. I don't know how the impeller works but if it is magnetic it might be indeed what I am describing. When I turned it by hand it turned more easily in one direction than the other though. Would that go against the magnetic theory?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back