Wobble!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just had a new banister installed due to having some walls removed.
It is now 3.3m with two Newel posts (one at each end), base rail, spindles and hand rail.

The problem is that there is an unacceptable wobble on the hand rail and with two toddlers in extra cautious.
Question is there anything obvious that is wrong with what i have described?
I initially thought that the run is too long for just two posts and that it may need a post in the middle.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Who was the maker of the parts and what to they say?

Am about to install Burbidge Fusion and they state a maximum run between newels.

All brought from Wickes.

Is it acceptable to have any kid of wobble from a 3.3m run with only a post at the beginning and a post at the end?

Sponsored Links
My builders fitted it, in conjunction with the loft they converted.

Risky approach . .

Speak to building control and depending on what they say call your builder back.

There are regulations for bannisters and the manufacturer of the parts should have had the system tested to proove it meets the requirements. But that test will only apply if the parts are installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

Risky because if building control say it is no good then the builder may need to re-do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back