Wocester 240 H/W but no C/H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a Wocester 240 rsf and having bled the system and pressurised it am left with hot water only ..no problem filling bath.. .on the central heating side the boiler fires up but within a few seconds the thermal protection trips, with the sound of v hot water/steam in the unit.
The pump I presume is working as it can be heard and when i undo the vent screw the propellers are turning freely. Even so there is no water flow present as heat can only be felt 20 cms down the pipe after minutes of the pump running.
Could this be a dicky dirverter valve, I have had faults with them in the past but always the opposite way c/h but no h/w or is there a bleed valve I'm missing near the gas/water heat exchanger..
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I take your point but ...needs must mate ....I've been without heating 2 weeks now with mrs. and 2 little ones ...original 9.24 failed and i was given this 240 for nowt ... I couldnt afford a microswitch let alone the cost of a technician (no job) ...
I always work with safety in mind

Sponsored Links
Your pump must be working ok or it would overheat big time on hot water. check both your iso valves to the htg are open and clear, the diverter valve should rest in the ch position (plunger in ), the 240 is at least 7 years old why was it took out ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back