Wonky floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Think I already know the answer here, but thought I would sound out you guys if you don't mind..

Father has recently converted part of a garage into a dining room and basically gone about it cart before the horse and it has come back to bite him.

Deal is, the floor runs off from 0 to 35mm over 4mtr, ideally the floor should be dug out and rescreeded but believe it or not it is decorated and the skirtings etc are all fitted, told him they will have to come back of if this is to be corrected.

Anyhow, would a fibrous screed or a screed laid in a fine mesh from 35 to say 10-15mm pva'd to the existing floor hold up and then try to bring the rest into tolerance with selflevelling compound work or as I think it may just crack/fail?

I know digging out is the real solution but not to practical considering the stage the room is now at.

Look forward to your thoughts!!

Sponsored Links
A screed that thin will not stick.

You will need to use a high-build self leveller product which are available for this type of deep fill. This will be better than hacking up the existing

Sponsored Links
cheers Woody just reading about stop gap 600 looks like this may be the answer..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back