Wood Burning Stove Advice

The alcove for my TV is lined in Supalux you could put a panel of that in the wall using metal stud work.

Sponsored Links

Wow I love those. So now I just have to work out how to make my plaster wall non flammable

Cut the plasterboard out where you want the fire and scrape it back to the blockwork, then mount a sheet of this into the resultant hole. Sticks like Sh*t or similar will bond it into place. Tidy up the edges and paint it with heat resistant paint to match your wall colour, then mount the stove on it. The stove should pretty much hide it

Wow I love those. So now I just have to work out how to make my plaster wall non flammable

Cut the plasterboard out where you want the fire and scrape it back to the blockwork, then mount a sheet of this into the resultant hole. Sticks like Sh*t or similar will bond it into place. Tidy up the edges and paint it with heat resistant paint to match your wall colour, then mount the stove on it. The stove should pretty much hide it

Thanks muggles. Great advise, may as well put it in place and I can decide whether or not I go for it at a later date.

Hang on, let's rewind a bit - have you actually got the plasterboard in place yet?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back