wood hardner (not filler)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to make this up ?

I make do with a mixture of fibreglass epoxy and acetone and am quite pleased with it but would be happier with something closer to the actual product - which is very volatile and penetrates rotten timber very well.

But I often run out of it and so have to make do with substitutes as the shops are a long way away.

Sponsored Links
The fibreglass and polyester resin is a much superior product. You can thin it with styrene.

I'm pretty sure the wood hardeners are nothing more than spray acrylic like you use on cars as a top coat.

You can get two part paints that penetrate well.

thanks a lot .Where would I get strene (in a liquid form)? Would I be able to find it incorporated as a chemical into household (or other) products if it is hard to get on its own?
[/b]

genuine wood hardener is meant to be used after you have removed 95-100% off the rotten wood to give good structure for the new wood to adhere to ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back