Wood Stain Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a piece of rosewood that I would like to lighten; is it possible to stain / dye it to achieve a maple / pine / beach effect? If so what product would I use.

Thank you in advance

Carl

Sponsored Links
Not possible, to turn dark solid wood to a lighter shade. Though it is possible the other way about i.e. lighter wood to darker wood.

Sponsored Links
btscl said:
Hi,

I have a piece of rosewood that I would like to lighten; is it possible to stain / dye it to achieve a maple / pine / beach effect? If so what product would I use.

Thank you in advance

Carl

The only product I know is a product called 'brushwood' from any DIY store, it comes in a range of wood colours, and you can go lighter.
It can be used to go over white gloss etc to give a stained look on wood, it comes in two parts.
The first part is like an emulsion that colours the white, sometimes you have to use two coats, then the second part is the coloured varnish to go over it.
I have never used it on stained wood, but would imagine it would still be okay, theres loads of information on the box, the only downside I think is that the finish (coloured varnish) is quite glossy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back