wood stain caulk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am lining a couple of walls with ply and staining them with a water based food dye or maybe Manns pine wood stain.

Because the walls are so uneven I am lining them with battens but there will still be a few gaps so I need to fill with caulk and stain.

Is there any particular caulk that will take dye to match the wood.as I dont want white stripes all over the place.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
WhAt about getting a caulk that is coloured to match the target colour of your stained wood?

Do you have a trade name I can look for ? It will be green and /or brown. Thanks

Everbuild Timber & Laminate Sealant

Bona Gapmaster

Unika Colourfill Sealant

Each of the above brands make caulks in various wood shades.

Off hand I can't recall seeing green caulk but here is a link to green silicone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Soudal-Silicone-Sealant-RAL6003/dp/B00CLQ8MP6

Some caulks may absorb a little bit of the stain but it is unlikely to look anything like the wood when stained, eg it may go orange rather than brown.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back