woodburner flue through loft space

P

peter1450

Hi
I,m looking to install a woodburner in our lounge. The previous owner has taken the chimney stack down to below the roof level and it now exits in the roof space between the bedroom ceiling and the roof joists.
My question is this, i have called a local installer who says that they would put a flexible liner between the stoves rigid exit pipe and then cap the existing chimney stack in the roofspace and then run a "twinwall rigid stainless" pipe from the cap, through the loft space and out through the tiles and finnished with a lead flashing kit.
Is this something only an approved Hetas installer can do because of building regs,is this the correct way of overcoming the above problem and how safe is it to have a cap/join within the loft space?
Your advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That sounds like the normal way to do it !

As long as its the correct minimum size and the manufacturer's instructions are followed then it should be oK.

Its always best to get a qualified person to do any type of work. Unlike gas as far as I am aware there is little practical control applied to wood or coal stoves.

Tony

Wouldn't the simplest answer be to rebuild the chimney.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back