Wooden bifold doors closing too far

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just installed a pair of wooden bifolds doors on my wardrobe. When I close them, they dont stop square but keep going as if they are folding closed too far. Almost as if you kept going the would fold the other way. Is there a way to move or adjust the hinges so when they are closed they stop flat and square? I have others on other wardrobes and they are fine.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have just installed a pair of wooden bifolds doors on my wardrobe. When I close them, they dont stop square but keep going as if they are folding closed too far. Almost as if you kept going the would fold the other way. Is there a way to move or adjust the hinges so when they are closed they stop flat and square? I have others on other wardrobes and they are fine.
No door stop on frame?

Sponsored Links
Im at work right now but here is a pic of the door I have. This would be it opening from right to left, folding towards you. Imagine the handle is on the right hand side. If you then closed it, it should sit flat, but it carrys on slightly as if it is away to open the other way,
IMG_5789.jpeg
They are jenweld wooden bifold doors. Just a runner along the top and fixed int the top and bottom corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back