Wooden blocks under internal beam replacing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was just taking back a wall in my place back to brick (removing all the cement from the soft red bricks ) planning to leave them exposed bricks.

Ive noticed tho in 2 spots where there are 2 wooden blocks under the wooden beams/ lintel where the property was more than likely extended years ago.
One of them is cracked and loose basically with a small amount of force i reckon it would come out on its own.

The beam at one point i think was the old floor mostly as when the ceiling was open part of it had floor boards attached and some old carpet, upstairs have raised it for some reason and the bathroom/hallway seems to be right above this area.
You can even see what may have been an old stair case that would've connected everything in the past

Any ideas on what would be best to replace them with ?
Already guessing placing some acros under the beam while i replace the blocks would be wise?

Makes it worse there bathroom in the flat above leaks.

This is the wooden block which has basically split right thru

PXL_20230710_211430060.jpg

This is the full beam when i had to replace the plastboard due to a leak from upstairs
PXL_20230410_151710211.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back