Wooden Floor Brands/Manufacturers

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi folks,

We are going to be getting solid wood flooring for a new house we are buying. We will be buying 100sqm of solid wood click together flooring for a floating install and using Elastilon.

I am pretty sure of what type of board I want but I don't have a good feel for the product landscape. I.e. are there manufacturers and/or brands that have a better reputation than others?

I should point out that I live in France - so another question is to what extent these brands are global or are the markets very localised?

For example, Leroy Merlin is a very big DIY chain here. I've been reading reviews for some of their products and reviewers have pointed out that their boards varied in thickness by up to 2mm. Some people were left with gaps while others worked around it by pre-sorting the boards.

Considering I will be getting 100sqm of product, the last thing I want are surprises!

Has anyone any guidance? How can I be sure I'm getting quality? Leroy Merlin at least allow honest reviews but you don't get this luxury with other suppliers.

Also since I will be getting 100sqm - I imagine I have some leverage in price? Can anyone advise what discount I might be reasonably able to negotiate?

Sponsored Links
can't really help with the French market or how it operates.
Would have thought all the decent German and Scandinavian brands such as Kahrs, Junkers and Boen were available as well as the cheaper Chinese brands.
I think you have answered your own questions with regards to the make you are looking at and the inconsistency with the product.

can't really help with the French market or how it operates.
Would have thought all the decent German and Scandinavian brands such as Kahrs, Junkers and Boen were available as well as the cheaper Chinese brands.
I think you have answered your own questions with regards to the make you are looking at and the inconsistency with the product.

Thanks for that. It's good to have some names to start.

I did more digging regarding the Leroy Merlin product that people appear to have problems with. There is a facebook group set up of customers trying to get satisfaction. You have to see some of the pictures - some unbelievable warping! https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=PARQUET ALLIANCE DEFECTUEUX

Apparently, according to this group, it is a Polish brand called Barlinek.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back