Wooden floor in bathroom - need to level a slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had our bathroom redone, when the shower tray was removed it had been sitting on the joists so the bathroom guy covered them with wood. Unfortunately we have a 3 inch by 15 inch bit that is lower than the rest of the wood floor, and it slopes from one end to the other (a gentle slope up the 15inches). We want to lay vinyl but need to fill in the dip; what would you recommend? A piece of wood would be tricky to fill in the slope with. Would wood filler work? Or would it have to be levelling compound (which I'd hate to have to do for such a small area)? Or is there something else I haven't thought of? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thin ply to pad out the majority of the piece the flooring latex to finish?

Sponsored Links
The board is now under the bath so it wouldn't be possible without taking the bath out again. Even 3mm ply would be useless after a few inches but we could try that. Would wood filler work for the rest, sealed with a pva solution? I appreciate that whatever we put down will be a pain if we ever need to take the boards up. It just seems like a major waste of latex/leveller for such a small space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back