wooden floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is carpet gripper glued to the wooden boards in my new property. I wish to remove the carpet. What is the best way to remove the carpet gripper from the wooden floorboards to create least damage? :?:

Sponsored Links
heelllooo hels and welcome :D :D :D

hopfully the floor was varnished or greasy and whatever it was stuck with will let go easily

i would suggest a wide flat bladed paint stripper held flat on the floor and tapped with a hammer to try and get between the grip and floor to push appart hopfully without taking chunks out the floor or leaving bits off gripper rod on the floor

big-all said:
heelllooo hels and welcome :D :D :D

hopfully the floor was varnished or greasy and whatever it was stuck with will let go easily

i would suggest a wide flat bladed paint stripper held flat on the floor and tapped with a hammer to try and get between the grip and floor to push appart hopfully without taking chunks out the floor or leaving bits off gripper rod on the floor

They should pop out easily as described

Also if you are sanding afterwards any marks should vanish anyway

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back