Wooden Garden Benches - but where from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get a bench or two for the garden, maybe even the pub-style picnic type and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for something fairly robust, but not too expensive??

Or anywhere within the Glasgow area for a more local service?

Sponsored Links
If on a medium budget then I can recommend this bench:

www.robertdyas.co.uk/robert-dyas-3-seater-fence-bench

Down side is that it is not teak (so will rot quicker than more expensive) and relatively light weight (so will break quicker that more expensive). But I found it was very good price, strong enough for my use, happily seats three people and shop is around corner. They also had one at my robertdyas so I could examine and sit on it first.

SFK

Sponsored Links
made a bench table and 2 benches today from 6x2treated [145x45mm] 2 boards per seat 1495mm long 300 wide 380mm high
with the table 1495 long 840 5 planks wide and 760 high
it doubles as a big work bench
and if you mount the bench seats on top off each other you can have a 1140 wide table or even wider if you space them apart for something like a bed base or large dresser top

costs around £90 for the timber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back