Wooden lean-to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently finished re-painting the exterior walls of my pebbledashed house with Sandtex Sand dune (colour) smooth masonery paint and I'm very pleased with the result. I have a newly built marine-ply lean-to at one side of the house. I am contemplating painting this with exactly the same paint so that it will blend in with the rest of the house. Is this ai good idea. If not, what should I use? If you agree that it would be a good approach, will I need to use primer or undercoat first?

Sponsored Links
Only my opinion this, but I coated some rustic timber with Dulux Weathershield masonry paint (only because I couldn't be bothered to avoid it) and after a year there's no peeling or deterioration.
The end grain of your ply will tend to delaminate after time, if not carefully looked after though - whatever grade it is. On a recent project of mine, I covered the external corners with 50 x 50 aluminium angle, and then capped external grain with aluminium channel. That stuff took some finding, but ebay came to my rescue.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back