wooden mantel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a little query i am having a oak mantel put up in a few weeks, and i am wallpapering the wall, do i wait for the man to install it then paper around it ? or can i go ahead and paper, could he could a bit of paper away if need to liquid nails it to wall for added support....

Sponsored Links
You might need something more substantial than liquid nails - particularly if the fire is functional. I have a similar situation and I've used chemical fixing resin in the bricks to fix threaded rod - to which the lintel will fix one plastering/painting is done.

Nozzle

hi yes he will be fitting it with brackets which are on the mantel already, it just says on the instructions add liquid nails for extra support if needed so beam sits flush with wall but was wondering to leave the wallpapering or carry on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back