Woodwashing bare floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken up my old bathroom carpet and the floorboards are in good condition so I would like to colourwash them. How do I prepare and seal them before I add the colourwash and how do I make them waterproof?

Sponsored Links
You can either hire a floor sander and seal with appropriate sealer, or get someone to do it for you, expensive. Although I know a man if your Northern !

and am potentially looking to take up the carpets of my new house and sand floor down and varnish - can you advise me of costs or who i should speak to. I am located in northwich, cheshire
thanks

Sponsored Links
final try, all my other posts have not made it ! Try to contact me I have made my e mail available, we can probably sort your house in a weekend of hard gratf, assuming you don't have 15 bedrooms! We're in Yorkshire !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back