Woolworths Closing Down Sale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone braved the mad folk with sharp elbows yet? ;)

We went to our local one today. Not too bad. Got a dirt cheap PAYG mobile: the battery in one of my Nokia's had died, at it was cheaper to buy this one than a replacement battery... :rolleyes:

Sagem MY220x on Virgin. Included handsfree kit & sim card reader.

Not the latest technology, but cheap as chips & you won't break your heart or bank if you drop it down the toilet...

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Sagem_my220X__6735417

Oh, the price from Woolies? £7.99 including discount. ;)

Sponsored Links
cheap as chips & you won't break your heart or bank if you drop it down the toilet...

Happened to me the other day :oops:

Still waiting to see if it will work again.

I'd rather get another second hand nokia than a new sagem, I used one once and found the interface/menu's horrible.

Yeah, I felt a bit like a vulture. Didn't buy a great deal in there until the prices started tumbling....

Sponsored Links
cheap as chips & you won't break your heart or bank if you drop it down the toilet...

Happened to me the other day :oops:

Still waiting to see if it will work again.

They don't make phones like they used to! My mate when drunk once had his phone dropped in his pint in the pub. He went mental so his mate (also drunk) threw it in the open fire in the pub 'to dry it out' (unbelievably they are both firemen!!!). Anyway, between the two of them they fished it out of the fire and he complained it was now hot so, you guessed it, back in the pint to cool it down. Anyway, it was a Nokia from about 10years ago and it still worked after all that!!!

Did you actually find anything that they had actually reduced to 50%?

When I asked about stuff it was only 10% this Saturday.

That still left stuff more expensive than elsewhere.

I found this today! Most stuff was 10 or 20% - not worth a visit, in my opinion. Just like any other sale!

its your own fault, you never read the small print.

it said upto 50% off

I found this today! Most stuff was 10 or 20% - not worth a visit, in my opinion. Just like any other sale!

except those poor bastards wont have a job left at the end of it, imagine the check of not giving a big enough discount :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back