Worcester 19/24CBiFON-NG Leaking - Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me,

My boiler has just developed a water leak.

I have removed the cover and then the inside cover and the drips appear from just above the burner - on the right hand side.

I have created a small channel with tin foil that lets it run out but it means keeping both the back panels unscrewed - this is exposing the combustion chamber cover. Is this dangerous?

Can a novice remove the Combustion chamber cover to have a look inside or am I being foolish?

Here is the manual (if that helps)

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/ca...instructions-for-cbi--discontinued-dec-06.pdf

I appreciate you reading this,

James

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have already removed the combustion chamber cover to me. It would appear that your main Heat exchanger has got a leak or could be a fitting in the general area. My recommendation would be to get a registered gas installer round to take a look at it. You should not use the boiler with covers removed, as products of combustion will enter the room.

Thanks Mikey,

My only problem is the timing - new years eve, bank holiday etc.....

Can I leave it leaking for a few days? Will it cause any damage as long as I keep the water bucket replaced?

The water is dripping down and it looks like it is pooling at the bottom of the frame (I think missing the electrics) and dropping out from the 2 bottom corners.

I know the timing is not good, but these things always seem to happen at the most inconvenient times :(

As said before, you must not use it with covers removed, I have seen small leaks on the heat exchanger block the airways with scale making the boiler burn producing a lot of carbon monoxide. With the covers off thats all coming into the room!!

Turn it off, keep the water off the electrics and get a rgi to look at it next week

Sponsored Links
Worst boiler Worcester ever made. The heat exchangers all leak after a period of time. I used to be a WB engineer and replaced loads of them. Phone up WB and get it fixed by them on a fixed price. I always changed the PCB at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back