Carbon Monoxide leak please help with some advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi and i hope someone can help. I have rented for 5 yrs and in that time had one safety certificate.. we did have the boiler shut down this october as it was leaking.. now i have a little boy and we are having help from doctors as it seems we have had some damage.

it would help me a great deal if i could tell the doctors how long it may have been leaking for..

if i can just say a few things maybe you learned people can help.

last time it was looked at before leak this october was 2007..it is worcester bosc 19/24 cbi

i have a quote here that says then it had a faulty pcb and spark electrode.. also faile a gas tightness test.. now the landlord didnt take this guy on as he asked his friend to fix it.. he i think was corgi registered.

ok when this friend of the landlord finished ..the lights are always orange..no blue anymore..i was told by them that's the pcb lights... also since then i have to turn on central heating to get hot water...

this went on to october when transco shut it down as i could smell like rottern eggs.. it has sooting all over the walls and feeding up through the ceiling bathroon lights where it was boxed in to the wall.

the landlords plumber has told me that heat can cause the sooting..but it was all over the wall in an arc.

the flue as well as newspapers stuffed around the metal bits.

can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Don't worry the hse will take this on as it has gone on to a case invlolving medical attention and they will stop at nothing to get the information needed. Have you let anyone touch the boiler yet? as it should be preserved like a crime scene!

CONTACT GAS SAFE REGISTER IMMEDIATELY!!!
they will bring the landlord to book and his so- called gas engineer???

as has been said do not clean or alter anything untill HSE has investigated

This is a very serious matter and will be investigated you are not wasting anybodys time and it may sort out one more landlord who thinks he is above the law!! :cry:

CONTACT GAS SAFE REGISTER IMMEDIATELY!!!
they will bring the landlord to book and his so- called gas engineer???

as has been said do not clean or alter anything untill HSE has investigated

This is a very serious matter and will be investigated you are not wasting anybodys time and it may sort out one more landlord who thinks he is above the law!! :cry:

Totally agree phone gas safe some numbers on the link
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help/useful_contact_numbers.aspx

Sponsored Links
i totally agree,you need HSE and Gas safe Register involved .This is very serious matter and do this asap,preferably monday morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back