worcester 24 cdi hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have trawled through loads of pages trying to work out our boiler problem. central heating works fine but now we have to turn on the taps on max to get the hot water side to power up, even then its only luke warm. by what i have been reading i thought it was the divertor valve but someone has suggested that if it was the divertor valve the central heating pipes from the boiler would warm up when asking for hot water which it does not. i have looked at the pin on the divertor valve when i call for the hot water and it only starts moving at nearly full flow on the tap...help much appriciated.....Mark

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that it is your diaphramn in the divertor that has perished
causing the fault.

Run the tap for a while before feeling the heating flow pipe as it will be a small amount of leakage up this pipe.

yes im 99% its diaprghm,buyt one from hrp for £5 max,it is a awkwaard job,i you can do it then be patient,you need only to undo the 8 screws and take plate h/ex out but if your not capeable geet a corgi rg fitter in.does boiler fire when microswitches are pressed manually,inside blackbox on top of diverter valve

thanks for the replys, yes boiler does fire when microswitch is pressed manually, just takes ages for the pin to hit the microswitch when the tap is turned on, and the water is luke warm not hot. if the central heating is on then the water is hotter for a while- does this help any. i also was told before it was the diaphram but someone else said that the central heating feed pipe also gets hot when the diaphram has gone, so a bit unsure

Sponsored Links
If the pin does come fully out AND the DHW is not so hot then there will be a second fault as well!

Either left section of diverter is not moving and CH pipes will get hot or the plate HE is partially blocked.

Probably the former but you should test before starting any repairs.

Not a DIY job in my opinion, most professionals typ to avoid them!

Tony

It's the diaphragm, alot of guys round my way take the valve out to do it for some reason and so quote for replacement of the complete valve to avoid any comebacks. Local guide price I've been coming across recntly is 250 quid :eek:

thanks to everyone, bit the bullet and bought the diaphram, cost £24 will attempt to change it over the weekend, thanks once again for the advice. Mark

You can't change the diaphragm without a special tool ;)
Screwdriver.gif

ok everyone. eventuallt managed to change the diaphram (took twice as long because of 2 leaks( one because i forgot to put the seal back in - doh) old diaphram was perished. works like a dream. a very happy bunny after following the in depthh photo guide on the net

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back