worcester 240 combi bf.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
started work at a house and tried to put the heating system on and found that everything was off.looked at the boiler fuses and found a 2 ampmicro fuse had blown,replaced everything came on. i lit pilot ok.tried to advance heating with time clock and fuse blew again.checked motherboard (main circuit board ) looked very iffy so replaced it.same thing happened again.could the digital time clock be faulty and cause this. this boiler was discontinued in 1997 so is quite old.the owner wants to repair the boiler. any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
the fan pump and gas valve are all suspects. Arm yourself with a handfull of fuses. Remove all above clips from pcb and then turn boiler back on. turn off plug one in then off etc etc.

Easy to determine what is blowing fuses with this method. Roomstat is another to look at.

Sponsored Links
Its not clear to me what your involvement is.

If the owner wants to have the boiler repaired then I would take the view that the repair should be by a competent boiler engineer!

If anyone were testing to see what was blowing the fuse then either a 200w bulb in series with the live feed or use a fuse rated at about 1/2 of the original to prevent damage from over current.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back