Worcester 240 combi boiler - shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We are currently thinking about moving into a flat.

It has the above boiler, (or similar, 230,240) and an electric shower, which is used for showering.

Will this boiler run a mixer shower?

Looking up the boiler on the net, it seems to put out around 8L/m for the hot water.

Your info needed please, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes.

8l/min at what 35C rise 40C rise ????

If your main is 10C and it does 35C rise then you should get 45C temp at 8l/min at the shower.

If your happy with these stats then it will do.

Standing under a leaking gutter has to be better than an electric shower!!!

Though bear in mind if your boiler packs up then you have no back up and it is a Worcestor

Yes.

8l/min at what 35C rise 40C rise ????

If your main is 10C and it does 35C rise then you should get 45C temp at 8l/min at the shower.

If your happy with these stats then it will do.

Standing under a leaking gutter has to be better than an electric shower!!!

35c rise.

Funny thing is I used to live there 4 years ago and I didn't know as much about plumbing then and yes the elec shower was pants.

The landlord before I moved in fitted the electric shower as there was a bath mixer shower setup that wasn't used, or was thought to be crap and was why the electric shower was fitted.

The boiler is situated in the shop below with very long pipe runs, will this affect things badly?

Sponsored Links
Though bear in mind if your boiler packs up then you have no back up and it is a Worcestor

It's pretty old as it was discountinued in 1997 and I know it's run pretty much without fault for many years and if failed would have to be replaced pretty quick sharp...so not really worried about that......

I'm thinking of the cost savings...!

In the Winter expect lower incoming temps, say 3-4 degrees and your shower won't be great. With extended pipe runs you'll be lucky to get a decent shower.

The bath mixer is still there, the hose and shower head has just been removed.

I guess I could just temp fix the electric shower hose on there and see how it goes and make my decision from there.

Is there anything I could do to the boiler or pipework to help things? I.e lag the pipes?

This boiler is extremely old and tells you all you need to know
about the place.
Look for a different flat if you are renting.

Otherwise budget on replacing it if anything like the pcb goes.

This boiler is extremely old and tells you all you need to know
about the place.
Look for a different flat if you are renting.

Otherwise budget on replacing it if anything like the pcb goes.

Thanks for the advice, but you don't know my situation and life isn't always that simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back