Worcester 240 too hot

Sponsored Links
Both the PCB and the sensors control the gas valve.

Thought so COG. What area?

Will check to see if sensors are giving a varied output to the PCB (any ideas what the range should be?)

If they do output a varied range, will try a new PCB, at £92 its not too bad.

Sponsored Links
Temperature sensor as interpreted by the PCB !

Tony

ChrisR said:
Talu where would you get a pcb for £92?

Actually not sure which site that was, but another for £72.04 (probably about 80 - 90 after pnp vat etc):

http://mjtcontrols.co.uk/Part_Type3.aspx?Manufacture_ID=26&Part_Type=PCB

Just searched google for "worcester 240 pcb"

I buy most things from net as diverter is £42 online, £82 in my local heating supply merchants! If its not needed ten minutes ago as often occurs. Never seen so many skid marks in a car park!

Nevar had to change the pcb driver board on a 240 as ive prob worked on between 500 and a 1000 thats a very good board ( all working 100% )
unless ive overlooked it you have not said how hot it is ? so how can you say its too hot ?

Cog I went to a 240 which had to have a diverter valve and a blow off valve, but then after I got it going there was another fault which fortunately for me the customer admitted had happened before. When demand for heating came from roomstat the boiler clicked insesantly until it came on. I assumed this was a relay on the pcb, speaking to tech help line they agreed. When I put in the referb pcb (I admit I didn't use Worcester) all was well.

Then about a year later I heard through the grape vine the boiler had started clicking insesantly again, and they had another engineer out who did them a combi swap.
Sounded to me like a relay trying to complete it's contact.

Have you come across this scenario?

Parts center also indicate a different board - 87483002200 , which was the first to come up, and is more £££

Paul , any damp in the 24v part of the diverter micro switch will make the relaqys "click" a small weep from the shaft will do it if the 240v side gets damp then the obvious can happen but when a small amount of water shorts the 24 to the 240 then all sorts of strange faults happen. the 87483002200 board is for the 24cdi bf/of

Sorry to butt into another thread it's just that I have a problem with a Worcester 240 too. Are there instructions anywhere available for setting the programmes and clock? I have a flashing clock which won't stop. How do I get it to accept the time?

best wishes
Folky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back