Worcester 24CDI thermostat help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father has one of these boilers but there is no thermostat so it turns the house into an oven and means the boiler is not running efficently. Now it has a digital programer built in so Id like to install a thermostat.
Id like a digital programer/thermostat worcester one ( anyone recommend one and where I can buy it?) but this will probably be very expensive so is there a way to wire in a simple manual thermostat in and any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
A hard wired stat is easy to install, the difficult job is normally tidily running the cable from boiler to the stat.

Honeywell T6360B 1028 Room Thermostat 240V 10A would do.
Not sure if you intend wiring it your self, if so remove link on pcb and insert wiring from stat.

Gremlin cheers for that can you give me anymore detail on fitting it to this particular boiler as my father does not have the documents for the boiler?
Or if you could point me in the direction of a wiring diagram that would be great.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
You can download the manual from the Worcester website.

If I recall correctly, there will be three terminals labelled Ls, Ns and Lr. There will be a link between Ls and Lr that should be removed.

After that -

Ls goes to permanent live on stat
Ns goes to neutral on stat
Lr is the switched live from stat to boiler.

But please, check it in the manual first !

Id like a digital programer/thermostat worcester one ( anyone recommend one and where I can buy it?) but this will probably be very expensive so is there a way to wire in a simple manual thermostat in and any recommendations?

Worcester do a wireless programmable roomstat for less than a hundred quid, easy to install, you just change batteries once a year if that. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back