Worcester 24i Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I think I've read all the previous posts on Worcester Boilers and re-pressurising, but I'm still having problems! Just wondering if anyone could help please?

Basically a couple of my radiators were removed for decorating, and since they've been put back the pressure gauge is now at zero.

I have found the white plastic key, and turned the white nut, but this doesn't change the water pressure, in fact a lot of water comes out. Is this correct? Do I need an actual filler loop, as I can't seem to find one? Would it be easier to get an actual central heating engineer out?

Cheers :)
Fiona

Sponsored Links
sounds as though you may not have inserted the key properly

It is possible that your boiler doesn't have a filling loop on it, or it is not connected.

Assuming you do have a filling loop and it is connected, turning the key isn't sufficient. You also have to turn a small handle next to it. I think this is more or less the same on all the different Greenstar boilers.

Sponsored Links
The white nut i think is attached to the integral link on that boiler, just sounds like the key isnt inserted correctly

Try pushing it in again with the edge of the key facing you, turn it 90deg clockwise so the wider part is facing you????

The filling loop on the 24i Junior is not standard equipment, although for obvious reasons they tend to have one on by the time the boiler has been installed. It is also possible to have an external filling loop that would be visible connecting two pipes together with a tap on it, usually quite near the boiler.

Thank you for all your replies, made me determined to get the key in further, and yes it worked! Well chuffed!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back