Worcester 24i Combi - water too hot

Your boiler should give 9 litres per minute at about 42 C if the inlet temperature is about 7 C.

It makes no difference if its always been at 3 li/min. Its wrong and needs to be investigated.

I really dont understand how anyone can live for years with a boiler which is clearly not working properly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Softus is not CORGI registered and can only work on the water parts of boilers. Plate HEXs are included though.

The "i" stands for instant and often means in Worcester terms a four pipe HE so the delivery is quicker.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Now now guys
Am I to assume that there is nothing I can do myself (an ordinary joe) to increase water flow without calling out an engineer?

Unless you wanted to take the boiler apart and measure water flows at different points I dont see there is anything that you can do apart from making sure the cold water inlet valve is fully on.

Time for an engineer I think!

Tony

No, you didn't make a statement, you asked a question, and I was suggesting that it didn't make sense.

Why did it not make sense? Taking into consideration that it had been suggesting in an earlier post that that paticular model of combination boiler had a plate heat exchanger.

If you say so

Indeed, i do say so ;)

No, you didn't make a statement, you asked a question, and I was suggesting that it didn't make sense.
Why did it not make sense? Taking into consideration that it had been suggesting in an earlier post that that paticular model of combination boiler had a plate heat exchanger.
I don't why you're still harping on about this if you think you're right.

Please go ahead and believe, or not, that the 24i has, or doesn't have, or always had, or never had, a plate HEX. Just think whatever you want to think.

scatmanjohn said:
I don't "think" i am right, I "know" it.
That would explain why you're still harping on about it then. :rolleyes:

You know it too
What I know is a different and conflicting thing, so let's not go there.

What I know is a different and conflicting thing, so let's not go there.

Lets go there. What exactly do you know?

Thats a question, not a statement, my mistake earlier. ;)

If you want to go anywhere, the destination of 'correcting your earlier mistake' is a place that offers very cheap package deals at the moment.

Tony,
Where is the water inlet valve situated and is an in line screw for eg?

Yes, its a ball type valve with a screw adjustment horizontal I think on the mains water inlet but it could be vertical.

Faced with your problem I would be removing it completely to ensure there is no debris blocking the inlet.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back