Worcester 24i junior Combi-boiler no longer working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for help with my worcester 24i junior combi boiler. As of yesterday, it is no longer heating water or the radiators. The pressure had dropped to 0.5, so I opened the value to increase this to 1.5. I tried to reset it and twisted the temp dial all the way, but the burner still doesn't seem to be working. The pressure has stayed at 1.5 for the past 24hr now. The fan seems to be running constantly and I suspect that there may be some leakage from the pressure release value (there appears to be new water stains on the concrete below the flue). Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

Sponsored Links
If the pressure is holding at 1.5 bar thats ok for the boiler to fire.
Look at the back of the manual for starters this will give you a sequence as to why the boiler wont fire up.
Then continue with this thread.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. I've been through the manual a few times and tried everything they suggested. Is there anything else you can think of that I could try?

Shouldnt really say this, But switch off boiler at main switch take off front cover and visibly inspect wiring and fan tubes etc, if your happy that nothing seems misplaced fan is working etc and you have carried out the manufacturers guide, then its time to get somone qualified in to sort it.

Sponsored Links
Yeah - I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something simple. I've had a look inside, from my untrained eye, it appears fine.
I just can't seem to get hold of my regular plumber at the moment - guess I'll just have to keep calling him.
Thanks for your help anyway.

What is happening with the red light in front , the eliptical shaped one , is it flashing fast when first turned on and then slower once fan is running?

There is no light flashing on the elliptical reset button light. Everything looks as normal - except for the lack of hot water and heating. I've pressed the reset button. Some times when I press it in for more than 10 secs, the red light will start flashing, but pressing it in again stops the flashing.

Its just possible the LP switch has not responded to the correct pressure but I think if that was the case it would give an alert on the panel.

The PCBs on your model are starting to fail rather more often than I would have expected.

Tony

It does sound like a pcb fault. I've known them run the fan permanently.
There's definately no flashing light?
Does the fan still run even if there is no demand for either heating or hot water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back