Worcester 24i Junior leak by pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apologies in advance if i've missed a thread on the same issue, it could be my technical understanding.

My boiler is leaking so have had it turned off for the past few months which didn't bother me over the summer months but as winter is fast approaching figured it may be wise to look into the issue.

After removing the front facia and increasing pressure (currently on zero) the leak is just to the left hand side of the Bosch pump. I've researched what I can and I think this is called the flow sensor as its connected by wire to the pressure indicator. Its at the point where the 2 are pushed together with a square end (indicated in pic with a black arrow) with my poor knowledge to me it looks like it should be flush but the sensor pertrudes by about 5mm. I've pushed it back in a little (now sticks out by about 3mm) with what purchase I can get but its still leaking when I increase the pressure. Something I noticed is that theres a small hole (red arrow) and i'm thinking this should house a clip to keep it in place, particularly as all other fittings seem to have one.

So the questions are: should I take more parts off and push it back in properly? will this rectify the issue? do or should I do anything else (buy a new part, do I need a clip to keep it in place etc).

Sponsored Links
are you sure its coming from there. Everyone i've ever seen leak is from the big nut at the top of the pump. And looking at your pic the pump appears to have water marking on it on the opposite side. check its not running down from above

Yeah just double checked definitely from the side, the top is dry and free from any water damage, I do totally agree that the pump is suffering from water damage but at the mo thats a secondary issue, infact could have been caused by the current fault which does splatter as it comes out with some force.
Cheers Ian

Have a look at the manual, it may have an exploded view that will tell you if there is anything missing.

Sponsored Links
yeah looked at the manual but doesn't show anything in depth, need the tech manual but after looking that'll cost £25 for the year to have a looksie.
Cheers Ian

need the tech manual but after looking that'll cost £25 for the year to have a looksie.
If you mean the "service and installation" manual, that is freely available from WB. If you can't find it on their website, an email to the customer service department will do the trick. Nothing else needed afaik.

A 4mm Allan key is required to remove pump head for closer inspections. Appears to be drain off plastic assembly leaking. Part not included in manual please click following link:

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in...i-junior-rsf-discontinued-aug-2007-literature

Literature is free from the Worcester Bosch website. Click "trade" section in top right hand corner. Then click literature, then "discontinued boiler literature" for older manuals.

You will need to contact Worcester direct to source the part number (for your engineer) for the plastic drain off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back