Worcester 24i Leaking Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler is leaking from what looks like a large isolation valve, though I'm not sure if thats what it is!

Its losing about 50-100ml a day, this increases if the boiler is left switched off for a few hours.

The valve is attached to the central heating flow pipe on the boiler.

Does anyone know if this is easy to change? Or worth changing? Will air get into my system because of the leak?

I had a plumber round, he ordered the wrong part, came back, went again and I've not heard from him since!!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. This is boiler off the wall job, depending on access to flue, valves etc can be a pain, has the leak just appeared or as i suspect been turned off?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I drained my system to replace a radiator valve. When I re-filled the system, the valve began to leak.

I can see two nuts on the valve and wondered if I could just remove and replace myself?

Regards,

Dave

Sponsored Links
It can be done depending how it is piped, however the boiler has a jig fitted to the wall before the boiler is fitted, for ease of installation of the pipework and not an ease when you get your leaky valve :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back