Worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My Worcester 24i has developed a strange fault. At first I noticed that the pressure relief valve was dripping, having thought that that this was faulty I replaced it, however I did not pay that much attention to the larger picture!

Once replaced I noticed somethingn really odd. Afer repressurising the system noticed that the new valve started to leak after about an hour. At first I thought my filling loop might have been to blame but having disconnected this the pressure still increases.

The only explaination I can think of is that there must be a leak somewhere in the boiler that is letting my mains water leak into the central heating water. I can't be sure of this but if any of you experienced heating types could confirm this it'd be a great help.

Furthermore if this is the case which compnent is going to be the likely cause?

If you need any further information please let me know.

Terry

Sponsored Links
classic expansion vessel fault ;)

it needs re presurring or replacing

and afore you lot start its sunday and i had 3 goes at the spelling :) :) :)

Is it dripping when the boiler is running on central heating mode or not??

If its dripping even when off the the main heat exchange is pin holed and passing the mains into the central heating water as you said.

If its only dripping when on, then expansion vessle needs repressurising
as kevplumb spelt wrongly!!! ;)

Sponsored Links
leisures-and-sports-076.gif

2 :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back