Worcester 24i poss. PCB gone!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, my Worcester 24i has just given up the ghost completely this morning! Pump is working when both water and heating is turned on but little else is happening, i.e no ignition. So far, by using the fault finder in the manual, i have:

Checked the flow switch - ok
Checked the air pressure switch - ok
Checked that there is power to the fan and there isn't
Checked there is power to the board

The main LED is on, the reset switch is down and i can't see anything burnt out or broken on the circuit board.

Before i buy a new one, is there anything else i should be looking at other than what i've already mentioned?

Any help would be appreciated as it's bloody freezing here oop north!

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
does it make any difference where the boilerstat knob is?
is there a clear stop when you turn it to max?

sounds like its the board mate, i work for worcester bosch as an engineer, and i change a few of them. the part number is 87161463000, they are between 90-110 quid i think mate. the spark generator on the board might have gone. good luck

Ben, no it doesn't make any difference where it is.

Thanks guys for your help, much appreciated

Steve

Sponsored Links
the spark generator on the board might have gone. good luck

surley not if the fan is not running?

I take it you have checked the overheat stat on the top of the boiler has not popped???

he said the reset switch was down, i take it he means the thermal reset switch on top of the boiler, 24i boards fail quite a bit mate, i have changed loads. amd if the overheat stat has tripped, then it has for a reason.

Yes button has not popped up, first thing i checked!

Also you can't hear the relays clicking on the board which make the thing ignite. I swapped one of those earlier this year as it had burnt out causing water not to boil.

Never mind, just have to swap it. Where's the best place to get a replacement from? Are the recon boards worth getting or is it best to go for a new one?

Cheers

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back