Worcester 24i RSF not firing on Central Heating Demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

we have a Worcester 24i RSF and it has developed a fault in that the Central Heating does not always fire from the timer - it goes to start up, fails and enters some kind of lockout. In this state a request for DHW only supplies cold water. If I remove the CH request then open a hot tap, the boiler fires up every time, while the hot tap is running, if I restore the CH demand, when the tap is closed, the CH then operates.
This means I have to get up half an hour before everyone else to manually fire the heating.

I'm aware that CH demand will fire the boiler at a low flame, then ,modulate to high, whereas DHW demand goes straight to high flame, could it be the low flame pressure is low / blocked in some way that prevents firing?

Sometimes it fires on the second attempt for CH - I tried to fool it by setting the timer for two shots - one at 6am till 6.10 and then one at 6.20 hoping that the second demand will fire, although this doesn't always do the trick. The hot water first, then CH methos does work every time.

As far as I'm aware these boilers don't have a divertor valve?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back