Worcester 24i RSF won't stay lit

B

blippy

Hi,

I have an LPG 24i which has recently developed a fault on both DHW and CH.

When there's demand, the boiler goes through the ignition sequence correctly, there's a good spark and ignition occurs. Sparking stops once the flame reaches the ignition sensor. However, after about 3-4 seconds one of the relays on the PCB drops out (sometimes it bounces for 1/2 a second), and then the gas valve is turned off (relay 4 drops out). Then the whole ignition sequence repeats, and fails etc. etc.

The boiler was professionally serviced last October, burner pressures adjusted and the burner properly cleaned etc.

I checked everything I can from similar threads here - specifically reversed polarity and ignition sensor condition/connection, but nothing obvious is out of place.

Grateful for any further pointers.

Cheers,
Chris

Sponsored Links
You've gone as far as you safely can. LPG can be particularly nasty. Call your corgi man back. May be all sorts, including the PCB.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back