worcester 24i, triton unichrome shower tower,corgi tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Have got the corgi guy coming round tomorrow to do the annual service of my 24i worcester RSF. I would like to install a triton unichrome shower tower but can't find any info regarding flow rates etc. and whether my combi could handle this . The property has one bathroom and 6 radiators. I would really like to know whether the boiler could handle this and what questions I should be asking tomorrow. I know the professionals on this site take the time out to help clueless blondes like me - so hopefully I have posted in the right place and you can help. thanks in advance maxie

Sponsored Links
Hi

I believe the max hot water flow rate from the 24i is only 8 litres a minute. The minimum required from the shower tower is 8 litres/minute. So, I guess it's only just ok!!

James

jiminblack said:
Hi

I believe the max hot water flow rate from the 24i is only 8 litres a minute. The minimum required from the shower tower is 8 litres/minute. So, I guess it's only just ok!!

James

Thanks James - have just been looking at the boiler documentation -
max domestic hot water flow rate - nominally 8 litres
and
equivalent domestic hot water flow rate to give a temp rise of 30 degrees - nominally 11.2 litres/min

My question is what is the difference between these two flow rates when looking at which shower tower - is it the first flow rate i should be focussed on and not the second? Confused
Thanks
maxie

Hi
I would be looking at the 8litre/min figure.

I think the first thing to do would be to actually check the flow rate yourself. I use a flow cup but a litre jug and a stopwatch is all you need.

The boiler documetation say's it will give you 8 litre/min but is it?

James

Sponsored Links
There's an 8 litre per min Flow Restrictor in the combi, to get the temperature rise high enough that you can have a bath in the winter - at least that's the idea.
We bath around 45º, and in the winter the mains can be 5º so a 35 rise wouldn't be enough. When it IS enough, you add a bit of cold so you get a higher flow rate that way.

Some combis don't have flow restrictor and you get used to the idea that faster flow means water less hot. If you want you can have your F R taken out.

Thanks James and Chris - this boiler business is interesting. - we are actually thinking of replacing our boiler - would a 28 kw do it?

On the flow test - do I just turn on the hot water to measure or do I run the test also using the cold water - sorry to be so stupid

hope you can help
thanks
maxie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back