Worcester 24i -V noisy after powerflush & new pump - Lon

What seems to have happened is that the boiler HX got blocked up with crud that was released by the power-flush chemical but not actually flushed out of the system (the CH equivalent of DVT followed by pulmonary thrombosis - hey - that's a really great analogy, if I say so myself). :)

It also illustrates that chemicals and water flow will often not get the sludge mobilised - it just sits there in a heap in the bottom of the rad where the flow is slow to non-existent. Physically vibrating the rad is known to help. There's a tool for the job - see http://www.magnaclean.co.uk/ and ask Chris Adey about 'vibraclean'

Sponsored Links
Good analogy but I'd have thought it closer to DVT followed by a stroke.

(as a sidenote) I've always found as long a suitable chemicals are used with my good ol' Kamco, it'll shift anything, but I'll look into vibration methods as I can understand how this would speed up the flush, which can't be a bad thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back