Worcester 24Ri Water Trickling Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 24Ri has developed a water trickling noise which seems to be coming from the bottom of the boiler. As far as I can see, there is nothing leaking.

To give some idea of the set up, I have an unvented cylinder in the loft and the central heating side has been pressurised so the header tank and all that is now gone. There is also a Magnaclean on the boiler which I have cleaned.

It only does this when the boiler is running. Any ideas on what this could be and how I could resolve?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have you tried bleeding the rads and repressurising?
Yep, I've tried this but no harm in trying again, its due a chemical flush with Fernox so I'll be draining it fully and refilling with inhibitor but waiting more towards colder temperatures to do this so I'm not running the heating when its not needed.

If it helps, the trickling noise happens when the hot water only is on too.

Are you sure it's not just the boilers condensate trap....the syphon action means it will discharge a cupful every so often.

Are you sure it's not just the boilers condensate trap....the syphon action means it will discharge a cupful every so often.
It does sound like its coming from that area (where the translucent pipe goes into the boiler), does it need emptying or leave it be?

You should hear the trap emptying for around 5 seconds then go quiet for several minutes whilst it refills...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back