Boiler quote due deligence

I provide a 6 year workmanship warranty in line with DCLG guidance. 1 year is pathetic, anyone who feels their workmanship is only capable of lasting a year should have their competence questioned. I'd look for 2 years minimum.

As for boilers, I'd recommend the Intergas HRE OV, which has a 7 year warranty and copper waterways that are much less prone to corrosion and premature failure than the Ri's aluminium. It's also considerably easier to maintain, and doesn't make use of plastic and rubber components where there should be copper, such as in the gas pipe (yes, part of the Ri's gas pipe is rubber, and yes it does need replacing periodically because it suffers heat fatigue and splits).

If your potential installers haven't worked out how much heat your property needs, it's time to start again. A lot of installers end up putting oversized boilers in, resulting in needlessly higher running costs. You should also expect your system to be cleaned properly or there's a chance your warranty will be invalidated.

Sponsored Links
We don't have an official warranty period because we consider our workmanship to last the lifetime of the product.

Obviously underlying system faults nothwithstanding.

Its just something I have never thought about.

What is a workmanship warranty? That the boiler won't fall off the wall? A soldered joint won't fail?

Dunno... Never had to worry about it.

Product warranty is whatever the manufacturer give.

Last edited:
I provide a 6 year workmanship warranty in line with DCLG guidance. 1 year is pathetic, anyone who feels their workmanship is only capable of lasting a year should have their competence questioned. I'd look for 2 years minimum.

thanks none of them have provided more than 1 year workmanship warranty, given my current boiler is not working am i at risk of losing any gas engg. to come and fit one ?

i will ask for longer workmanship warranty to check their response

Sponsored Links
What happens when famous companies like Worcester Bosch think they can get away with using plastic components in their boilers :

Watch from 42 seconds:

Plumber complains Worcester uses plastic hydroblock instead of brass:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back