Worcester 24Si II/28SiII

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did a quick search before posting but the replies were a bit too techinical for me.

I have the above boiler model & have not had many problems over the 5 yrs. I have just noticed that there is a leak coming from the underneath & don't know how long it has been like this. As of last night the heating was on & appeared to be working fine & i had hot water. There were no warning lights flashing either.

I am clueless as to what the problem might be or how to test anything so i have just turned the system off meaning no heat or hot water but anything to do with gas scares me.

Could anyone give me any step by step tips on how to check what the problem might be. I don't mind if i have to call someone out but don't want to do this until i know i have to.

Do i need to keep the system off or am i being too cautious?

Thanks Julie

Sponsored Links
If your boiler is leaking water, then logic would say that you have a leak. It will not fix itself, so unless you are confident to do the repair yourself, then you will need to get someone out to look at your boiler... The longer you leave it the more water will leak out... No one can say Yae or nae to you switching it back on unless they can see and assess the boiler for themselves.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll phone around just now.

Now having been "conned" more times than i can remember with household repairs. Am i right in assuming that because i have no warning lights flashing, i have heat & hot water then it cannot be too serious. Or is that just a total girl thing to say :D

If you've been conned instead of tarring every tradesmen with the same brush why don't you find someone through recommendation? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Not really tarring all tradesmen with the same brush, just had my fair share in the 11 yrs ive had my house. None of my friends seem to have any recommendations so will get a few people out & take it from there.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back