Worcester 280

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gonna look at a 280 on friday that is giveing hot water but no CH, anyone got
any ideas before I go ?, cant remember what type of diverter are on these as
that will be the first thing I look at.

Sponsored Links
No 99% sure the 280 is a motorized valve, haven/t looked it up though.

Clearly it's differeent then, but worth mentioning when I changed the dv on a natural draft RS 240 I splashed a lot of water about and caused a problem on the pcb COG informs me. Beware to keep that pcb dry.

One of the pipes between the dv and the old style cylindrical secondary heat ex had an o ring seal along the shaft to deal with a consequent leak. I don't think it came with the dv, but I had one handy. Not as easy to change as the plate heat ex dv's. bit of wrenching required.

COG will probably have his head between his hands in despair at this moment.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, it's all coming back to me now, they have a round white cylindrical hw heat exchanger and a motorised valve type diverter, the 240 has the traditional type diverter, thanks chaps.

Not been to these people before so I will check if the boiler is switched to heating or if there is a room stat turned down first before looking at boiler ;)

Been to sort out this boiler today, no power to diverter valve, one of the relays on the main driver board is black inside, following the fault finding chart it ends up at replace room stat, this is rubbish as there is power at both terminals at the room stat link, ordered a new board.
I think cheap merchants fitted it anyway as some dickhead had left the room stat link fitted and wired the room stat into the frost stat terminals, I have rectified this, pratts, it clearly says what is what next to the terminals, maybe they fitted the kitchen taps as well with the hot on the right, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Half the taps in Scarborough are on the right, because we have a huge population of summertime waiters and cheffs who take up plumbing during the winter. What really needles me about it is when I fit a basin or something and put tap on correct side customer asks me to change it to go with the rest of the house.

Now if the manufacturers would use plug in relays...........

Had lots of nice holidays in scarborough, but always kept away from that big hotel where they have nasty bug regularly, wonder if it's carried in the water ?

Let's not beat about the bush, I was a nurse, it's kitchen staff not washing hands after visiting toilet that causes tummy bugs.

Do you do any pub work PV? There are some round here I've attended behind the scenes, if the people upstairs had any idea the state of the rest of the place they wouldn't stay.

I had to attend an urgent one in a big town centre pub, it was a heating pipe, had to drain down. I don't have my commercial registration, but I went down to the boiler room and didn't like what I saw, no ventilation gmungus open flued boiler, sight glass sooted up, flame picture YELLOW flue didn't seem right. I called in John Carver a local guy who is commercial registered, he had to cap it off it wasn't safe, he said the fluing was wrong aswell. How the people in the bar above were alive I have no idea.

I was discussing this when I was training the other week and the assessor said it's very common that the commercial installations were rubbish. He said there were probably a team of three two numpties and one good bloke who had got sick of it all and given up.

Yep done em all in my time, pubs clubs hotels schools takeaways, I will ALWAYS remember an Indian restuarant I worked at when I was a 15 year old apprentice fitting the bar sinks, they kept going over the road to the pet shop and buying cat food, thing was they didn't have a cat :eek: :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back