Worcester 28CDi RSF "Air pressure fault"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler failed last weekend with "air pressure fault" indicated. One of the upper silicon pipes had fialed but all was well after replacing this and the air pressure switch.
This weekend the boiler has developed an intermittant air pressure fault but with no obvious cause.
According to the fault chart the culprit would seem to be the mainboard or fan asembly.
The fault is intermittant.
Any advice on the most likely cause much appreciated. The boiler is 6 years old.

Sponsored Links
Check the venturi on the fan, they have a habit of corroding on that model.
A slight blockage can cause intermittent APS.

Venturi cleaned off, looks OK.
Fault remains. The fan seems to take longer than previously to get going.

Sponsored Links
You will probably find the fan is getting a bit stiff, I had 2 last week on a 28cdi.

Ollski
Thanks for the suggestion, it spins quite freely - but am I missing your point?
Thanks

Ollski
You were quite right - thanks you for the advice which is much appreciated.
New fan much better product as it has a built in vibration damper, the old one was 6 years old and rather noisy.

Just for info, I had a split a/p tube on one of those as well. Not a common thing on most boilers, obviously a problem with the 28.

24 and 28cdis, the APTs pass directly over and above the fan motor, so the little jems dont burn normally, they get brittle then crack. Unless you take them off you wouldnt know. :)

PJCJ said:
The boiler failed last weekend with "air pressure fault" indicated. One of the upper silicon pipes had fialed but all was well after replacing this and the air pressure switch.
This weekend the boiler has developed an intermittant air pressure fault but with no obvious cause.
According to the fault chart the culprit would seem to be the mainboard or fan asembly.
The fault is intermittant.
Any advice on the most likely cause much appreciated. The boiler is 6 years old.

have you tried a fan pressure test

kevplumb said:
have you tried stopping talking b***ocks

unless you have the data it's pointless

bit like most of your posts ;)

please wind me up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

your already winded up anyway i cant see the point in trying to expalain what the purpose of a fan test proves has this may be to technican for your biggoted braion to grasp...

PJCJ said:
You were quite right - thanks you for the advice which is much appreciated.
New fan much better product as it has a built in vibration damper, the old one was 6 years old and rather noisy.

Um, I think this one is job done :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back